welcome. my name is NICK DALTON.

Monday, December 16, 2013


I apologize friends and family, but there has simply been too much stuff in the past two months to possibly encompass it all in one post. Whether it was spending Diwali with my student Yash’s family/community, the Vicand retreat where we taught the kids how to swim every morning, spending an entire day at a Nunnery cooking in service as the lone male among an army of Indian nuns who then gifted me crystals that wash up on their grounds when it rains, teaching Arts Integration workshops while having the kids perform at the “inspirED” conference in Hyderabad, the honor of going to a Parsi Navjote, spending a week of AWESOMENESS in Ahmedabad at the MOVED BY LOVE retreat and navigating the National Gandhi Ashram/Manhav Satna/Toilet Café, attempting to peacemeal a Thanksgiving feast at The Hard Rock Café out of side dishes while a Bryan Adam tribute band blared in the background, or recording a song with Nimo Patel and Chad Harper thanking our collective families worldwide…this would be a typical Nick Dalton tome. So instead, out of gratitude for those that have touched my life these past two months, I am going to list some cool cats I met and the AMAZING projects they work on, as well as some awesome videos that either feature friends/my kiddos or have inspired me. I hope you enjoy them and have a wonderful holiday!

On a personal note: I am here on out going to write every week. SERIOUSLY!

Nimo Patel from EMPTY HANDS MUSIC
Chad  Harper from HIP HOP SAVES LIVES
MAM Films
Nipun Mehta from SERVICE SPACE
Ishwar and Jayesh Patel (google them)
Jay Altman of FirstLine Schools in New Orleans 
EASTMAN Dance Company in Finland 

Peace Love and Fruitcake,
Nick

No comments: